Accessibility and QA Specialist
After several years of experience as both a designer and developer, Michaela joined the Aten team in 2016. Michaela always had an interest in making the world a better place and giving back to the community through volunteering with local community pickups, as well as following her passion for physical and digital ADA compliance. Now she uses her background in the industry and her personal life to bring awareness and solutions to digital ADA compliance as Aten's Accessibility and QA Specialist. Michaela writes and speaks about accessibility and inclusive digital experiences, has completed a number of accessibility trainings, and is certified as an IAAP - Web Accessibility Specialist.
Outside of work you will most likely find her at a local art gallery, enjoying lunch and drink on a patio, or exploring the mountains with her husband, daughter, and dog.
Webinars hosted by Michaela
- 6 Web Design Accessibility Issues and how to Avoid Them
- Introduction to Web Accessibility: A Human-first Approach
- Creating Accessible Website Content
- Accessibility: Modernizing Mega Menus
- Live from DrupalCon: Tips and Tricks for Accessibility Audits
- Live from DrupalCon: Make Accessibility Your Team's Priority
- An Approach to Accessible Web Projects
- Social Media and Accessibility