It’s a new year, and we’re thrilled to be back in the full swing of things here at Aten. 2018 was really good to us, with tons of growth on the team, new service offerings, new clients, and new project launches. We’re all excited for what lies ahead.
Now, before 2018 is just a distant memory, I wanted to share a few highlights.
Last year we:
- Welcomed several fantastic new folks to the team, stationed all over the world. We’ve officially adopted a “hybrid remote” model. Roughly 75% of the team works from HQ in Denver, Colorado. The rest of our entirely full-time, salaried staff are located literally all around the globe – from Paris, France to Antigua, Guatemala; Jeju Island, South Korea to Upstate New York; State College, Pennsylvania to Louisville, Colorado.
- Celebrated personal and professional victories with our colleagues: new babies, SCRUM-certifications, puppies, engagements, Acquia-certifications, WebAIM Accessibility Training, big adventures (summiting Kilimanjaro!), new homes, a rock-climbing contingent, picking up and moving across the globe.
- Spoke, sponsored and attended roughly two-dozen conferences all over the country, including: DrupalCon, Museums and the Web, American Library Association, Drupal Camps in several states, the Blind Institute of Technology Accessible Technology Symposium, MCN Conference for Museums, Mile High Agile, DPM Summit, and DinosaurJS.
- Hosted four quarterly summits, bringing the entire team back to HQ for skills sharpening, team building, and company planning.
- Began adopting Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS), with transformative effects. Our team is values-driven and fiercely focused on “Quarterly Rocks,” major goals we establish every 90 days.
- Launched projects with amazing mission-driven clients. From prominent museums and library systems to human rights organizations and educational institutions, we are honored and humbled to be a part of making real impact in people’s lives.
There’s a lot to be excited for in 2019.
We’re specifically looking forward to:
- Growing the team. We have several open positions – check them out!
- Upcoming launches. With new publishing systems, membership platforms, workflow applications, ecommerce systems, branding projects and more currently under way, we’re excited for all the new work fast approaching the finish line.
- New tech. From leveraging upcoming features in WordPress and Drupal 8, to rethinking the way authors produce content for the web, to building decoupled experiences with expressive frameworks like Gatsby and React, we’re excited about innovation in 2019.
I’m personally grateful to the many mission-driven organizations that choose to partner with us to connect powerfully with their audiences. Helping to tell your stories, connect with your audience, and influence real change is an overwhelming source of inspiration. It’s literally why we do this. To all of you: thanks so much for the opportunity to do such meaningful work. We wish you the very best in 2019!