Aten Design Group is seeking a skilled Drupal Developer to join our team in Denver, Colorado. This position is open to front-end, back-end, and full-stack developers. This is a Denver or remote-friendly position.
Founded in 2000, Aten Design Group is a web strategy, design, and development company serving a broad range of clients making positive impact on societies around the world. We work on complex communications and data projects for organizations like Stanford University, World Wildlife Fund, Human Rights Watch, and many others. We are dedicated to creating meaningful user experiences, rooted in powerful open-source solutions, especially Drupal and React.
You love the web, design, and collaboration. You have experience collaborating with designers to create custom interfaces and an interest in developing web applications using frameworks such as Gatsby or VueJS. You have a desire to create modular, reusable, and maintainable code. You are ready to work with SCSS, JS, and build tools, such as Gulp and Webpack. You work with front-end technologies and also have a commanding knowledge of PHP, Drupal, or similar platforms. You are a good communicator and are strongly task-oriented. You are interested in progressing your craft, take your work seriously, and care about the impact it has on the world around you.
About the Position
You will be an integral member of a cross-functional team, closely collaborating with skilled designers, developers, and UX architects to tackle real-world problems alongside clients with diverse needs. This position requires clear, frequent communication – both internally and with clients – and the ability to quickly solve a variety of technical problems, whether they be in CSS, JS or PHP. Organization and focus are important. While this is a remote-friendly role, some travel to Denver headquarters is required.
Well qualified candidates will:
- This is a mid-level position, at least 3 years of experience in professional development is required
- 3 years of experience in Drupal is preferred, at least 1 year of professional experience is required
- Professional experience with React
- Alignment with our core company values: Transparent and Direct, Thoughtful, Creative, Eager, and Productive
- Self-motivation; we have high expectations, but don’t micromanage
- Open-source contributions (show us your GitHub projects, Drupal.org profile, or similar)
- Good writing skills; we love to see blog posts, readme files for past projects, clear comments in code, etc
- Confidence when presenting work to colleagues, clients, and prospective clients
- Willing to present at conferences, meetups, and other events
- A love of helping others solve problems
- Open to feedback and input
- Contribution to process improvement and the ability to bring new ideas to the table
- Authorized to work in the United States
Compensation and Benefits
We think we have one of the best workplaces on the planet. Here are a few reasons why:
- Exempt, annual salary $80k - $110k based on location, skills, knowledge, and experience
- Flexible, generous PTO policy
- 3% matching Retirement Plan
- Health, dental and vision insurance for you and your dependents
- Paid conference attendance — both in the US and abroad
- Stocked kitchen and catered Friday lunches at Denver office
- Denver office gym access
- Open, bright, collaborative office in a remodeled industrial space near downtown
- Company summits up to twice a year
Aten Design Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe the strongest teams are built when it comprises of people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We consider all qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.