Aten Design Group is seeking a skilled hybrid Digital Project Manager/Account Manager to join our team. This is a fully remote position. Candidates must be based and authorized to work in the United States.
Founded in 2000, Aten Design Group is a web strategy, design, and development company serving a broad range of clients making a positive impact on societies around the world. We work on complex communications and data projects for organizations like Stanford University, World Wildlife Fund, Human Rights Watch, and many others. We are dedicated to creating meaningful user experiences, rooted in powerful open-source solutions, especially Drupal and React.
You love talking to people, conveying ideas effectively, and above all, listening. You have experience with — or are eager to learn all about — working with open source technology, understand the latest in standards, best practices, and technology on the web. You are familiar with Agile software development. You understand that the value of all of this knowledge is being able to effectively communicate it and put it to use to accomplish key client goals.
You take responsibility for the expectations you create, you’re excited by our clients' ambitions, and your teams can quickly convert those ambitions into technical requirements. You understand how important clear communication is to every project, and derive satisfaction from successful relationship management.
About the Position
A hybrid Digital Project Manager/Account Manager is familiar with web technology and digital project management. The primary function is to bring the right people together to devise solutions, work through problems, and deliver projects successfully. This role will manage distributed, cross-functional project teams of strategists, designers, and developers and facilitate collaboration with our clients: understanding their business needs, audiences, and short- and long-term goals, and using that information to implement strategic initiatives. This PM will develop and maintain project plans and tools to successfully manage budget, timelines, and risk. This role is expected to skillfully balance business and client needs, nurture relationships, and communicate effectively, both verbal and non-verbal. The work may include large-scale websites, app redesigns, or ongoing continuous innovation partnerships.
Well qualified candidates will have:
- 3+ years of project management experience including delivering full-cycle web projects, including project scheduling, resource, and financial management
- 2+ years of experience with direct client interface and managing relationships
- Familiarity with Scrum and agile methodology
- A basic understanding of open source software utilized by the agency (Drupal, WordPress, etc.) or a strong willingness to learn.
- Ability to deliver appropriate and effective verbal and written communication to clients and the internal team
- Self-motivated, decisive, and adaptable to change with competing priorities and demands
- Eagerness to learn new skills and to deliver to clients
- Ability to navigate agency and industry-standard software with ease or a strong willingness to learn:
- Google Docs/Google Drive
Compensation and Benefits
We think we have one of the best workplaces on the planet. Here are a few reasons why:
- Salary $80k - $95k based on location, skills, knowledge, and experience
- Generous unlimited PTO policy
- Flexible working hours
- 3% matching Retirement Plan
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependent(s)
- Professional development opportunities
- Regular in-person company summits
Aten Design Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe the strongest teams are built when they are composed of people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We consider all qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.