Aten Design Group has been building digital products for mission-driven clients since 2000. From human rights organizations and research institutions to universities and publishers, our clients are deeply invested in work that matters.
We’re committed to open source tools and frequently use Drupal, Wordpress, React, Vue and other technologies that push our projects forward.
We’re looking for a smart, hard-working software engineer to join the team. For this role we specifically need a developer with a strong focus on backend technologies. Experience with Drupal or Symfony is a huge plus. We deeply value collaboration; strong communication skills – both written and verbal – are a must.
Qualities we are looking for:
- At least 3 years experience in professional software development.
- Alignment with our core company values: people first, collaboration, diversity, quality work, innovation and work that matters.
- Self-motivation; we have high expectations but don’t micromanage.
- Open source contributions (show us your github projects, Drupal.org profile or similar).
- Good writing skills – we would love to see blog posts, readme files for past projects, clear comments in code, etc.
- Confidence when presenting work to colleagues, clients and prospective clients.
- Willing to present at conferences, meetups and other events.
- Loves to help others solve problems.
- Open to feedback and input.
- Contributes to process improvements and brings new ideas to the table.
Benefits of working with Aten:
- Competitive compensation.
- Unlimited vacation days for all team members who meet deadlines and billable quotas.
- Full healthcare coverage for employees and their dependents.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Work from anywhere; Aten is based in Denver, but its employees are distributed.
- Strong focus on professional development.
- Healthy work / life balance.
How to apply:
Use our online application form to tell us about yourself. Please include a cover letter that lets us know why you’re interested in working with Aten, attach your resume and add any relevant links (github projects, linkedin profile, etc.). Lydia reviews all applications and will follow up to schedule a quick initial call before coordinating interviews.
Aten is an equal opportunity employer. We deeply value individualism, diversity and collaboration. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.